American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Courses
UPCOMING LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION CLASSES:
- Lifeguard Certification – TBD
- Lifeguard Review (Recertification) – TBD
- Lifeguard Waterfront Certification – TBD
For details about employment please email email@example.com.
SafeGuard Aquatics is proud to be an Authorized Provider of
American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification
SGA Lifeguard Certification Program
We strive to produce the most professional lifeguard team in the industry. While being a lifeguard can be a very fun and rewarding job, becoming a lifeguard is no easy task. A lifeguard must be mature, reliable, vigilant, and professional at all times. We welcome anyone who possesses these characteristics to join one of our Lifeguard Certification Classes. Our classes are open to the public (not just our hired staff). For more information on our Lifeguard Certification Program, contact us here.
Prerequisites for the Lifeguard Certification Class:
- Must be at least 15 years old.
- Swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Surface and swim 20 yards on back, with both hands holding the object.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.